Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

The book is about a 17 year old kid that goes on a shooting rampage for 19 minutes at his high school after 11years of suffering under the rule of bullies. The book looks back at the years of bullying and how the school system does nothing to prevent it.

It was really kind of sad. A teenager already has to deal with all the horrible aspects of being a teenager-- acne, awkwardness, voice changes, body changes, mood swings...let alone having to fend off a bully. It also makes you wonder how many things could have been done differently so that it didn't have to escalate into the ramage.

It was a good book. I read it for my book club-- but it's definitely one you can wait till paperback release for.

Next Up: Accidental Happiness by Jean Page (another book club read from my other book club)

Sorry, I haven't been posting so much on this blog. I just haven't had as much time to read!!

1 comment:

Florinda said...

Thanks for offering me right of first refusal on this one - I'll take it off your hands for sure. That would make one book I actually WON'T have to buy when it comes out in paperback. :-)